posted on 8:52 AM, March 23, 2007
- Don't let people into the building or "buzz them in" if you don't know them.
- Never hold the door open for someone you don't know.
- Don't prop or wedge doors open for even a short time.
- Look through your peephole before opening the door.
- Lock your door even if you will only be gone a few moments such as going to the laundry.
- Don't leave notes on your door saying you are not home or saying when you will return.
- Do not use your first name on the entry panel.
- Install locks on sliding doors and windows.