posted on 8:49 AM, March 23, 2007
- Know your route and bus or train schedule before you leave. After dark, choose busy, well lit bus stops.
- Sit at the front of the bus near the driver.
- After 9pm you can ask the bus driver to stop at the street closest to your destination (between bus stops). You must exit from the front door. (This service is not available on express routes).
- On the Skytrain sit in a car with lots of people. Move to another seat if someone is bothering you.
- All Skytrain stations have a yellow safety area monitored by security cameras.
- If you are being harassed use the emergency phones on platforms or emergency buttons on the train.